The Kuwait Cultural Office Los Angeles, the scholarship division of the Consulate General of the State of Kuwait, is currently seeking to fill multiple academic advisor positions. Successful candidates should have previous experience with academic advising; preferably with international students.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Responding to and or initiating inquires to various sponsoring agencies in Kuwait
- Ensuring that students are fulfilling the requirements of their government scholarship alongside the guidelines of their Universities
- Evaluating and tracking student documents (transcript, verification of enrollment, I-20s, passport, bank accounts, and study plan)
- Responding to all student, University and government inquires
- Reviewing, tracking and authorizing accounting issues (student salaries, tuition payments, reimbursements, overpayments, deductions, and repayment from students)
- Master’s Degree in international or higher education or in a related field is preferred. Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate patiently, sensitively, and effectively in cross-cultural scenarios.
- Theoretical and operational knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Must have 3-4 years work experience in higher education setting, preferably in academic advising
- Proven track record in customer service
- Dedication to international populations and proven ability to sincerely work for their success
- Experience in advising university students
- Significant international experience that may include studying, living or working abroad, or interacting with international students
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience as part of a team and service oriented work environment
- Preference will be given to candidates living in Los Angeles area.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and list of references to email@example.com.
Click here to download job description.